Workshop Title: Embedded SQL in RPG
- Beyond the Basics
Presented By: Paul Tuohy
You have been using embedded SQL in RPG. You have mastered the syntax, tried a few selects, declared a cursor, performed an update - you may even have tried some dynamic SQL!
Time to take it to the next stage and see what you can do with embedded SQL - beyond the basics.
Topics covered in this session include:-
• Discussion of the key points in writing powerful embedded SQL
• What tools should you use to write and test SQL prior to embedding it?
• Controlling CRTSQLRPGI
• SQLCA and SQLCODE considerations
• Getting data without SELECT - GET DIAGNOSTICS and VALUES INTO
• Talking to Watson with Embedded SQL
• Mastering Multi Row Fetch
• Handling NULL
• Dates, Times and Timestamps
Prerequisite: This session assumes you are familiar with the basics of embedding SQL into RPG programs, including the use of SQL cursors.