Workshop Title: ILE:Procedures, Modules & SRVPGMS by Example
Presented By: Susan Gantner
ILE brought with it the topics of procedures, modules, service programs, binding directories and binder language - not to mention activation groups. It can get confusing!
In this interactive session, Susan will walk through a step by step demonstration of the following topics. In the process, we'll discover some of the problems that can occur - what they look like and how to fix or avoid them:
• Creating a (very) simple RPG procedure in a module
• How (and why) to put that module into a service program
• How (and why) to create a binding directory and
• How to use the binding directory to create programs to use our procedure
• Add a new procedure to the same module and service program
• Tips for testing procedures in service programs
• How to maintain the service program over time - including how to use binder language to avoid signature violations!